Jewellery Care Guidelines
We want your jewellery purchases and gifts to last and be enjoyed for a very long time, by following these tips for taking care of your jewellery you will preserve your pieces for longer.
- Always protect your items from knocks, scratches, chemicals and extreme temperatures to minimise damage and wear.
- Remember to remover all pieces of jewellery before showering, bathing and especially when swimming as chlorine and salt water can be harmful especially to plated jewellery.
- Wait until completing beauty regimes to put your jewellery on to protect them from damage caused by things such as hairspray, perfume and creams.
- Store your jewellery in a cool, dark and dry place, preferably in a soft lined box or in a pouch away from other jewellery to avoid rubbing or scratching.
- Precious metal jewellery will naturally tarnish over time but you can delay oxidation by following the guidelines above. If you notice silver turning grey, use a gentle polishing cloth to restore it.